We have a responsibility to create and maintain balance and health, whether for a sustainable planet, harmony among our communities, or within our bodies. As a guiding principal, KOSA honors sustainability both in nature and in the world, weaving environmental and social responsibility into as many elements of the experience as possible, all the while, operating in an inclusive community.
Everything we do is with love and in support of love. As such, we value and make KOSA available to people from all backgrounds, demographics, and experiences, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, political beliefs, religion, creed, etc.
Our guests can be assured that everything they encounter through their senses has been selected with a high bar for healthy, non-toxic ingredients, and mindful resource usage and sourcing. Most products used in our spa treatments, food, and in the boutique, are from sustainable and responsible sources, crafted by Wisconsin makers or empowerment NGO's in India. Likewise, the space has been carefully designed to promote healthy indoor air quality, and conserve energy, water, and resource usage.
Here are just some of our mindful choices:
- Organic personal care products made in-house or by small, woman-owned businesses
- Handmade organic robes and uniforms tailored by women in India
- Spa slippers made from recycled content
- Ceramics, furniture, meditation cushions and other items made by local Wisconsin artisans
- Organic ingredients in foods and teas, including sourcing from local farms, small family farms in India, and women farmers in South America
- Organic towels and bed linens
- Minimized waste from packaging and compostable packaging
- Compostable cups and reusable mugs, silverware, napkins, and garbage bags
- Food waste composting
- Sustainable and healthy building practices, including energy management systems, low flow WaterSense fixtures, daylighting, occupant sensor lighting, EnergyStar appliances, LED lighting, no VOC paint, no formaldehyde cabinetry, and renewable materials (e.g., cork flooring)
Learn more about us and our values on this Discover Wisconsin episode by Mindfluencers!